A tale of a Boozefighter's former adventures in jackassery in The Land of the Moaning Clam and new adventures back in the Lone Star State and Beyond to the Desert wastes of the Stan's of the world back to the Land of the Moaning Clam and who knows where else to inculde By God Texas and the whatnot! And Shit!



Thursday, October 21, 2010

What I'm gon' do?

That's how us southerners say it. I have the sporty chop here, which I'll never sell with all the blood, sweat and tears I've put into it. And bought the 80" evo chop from Matt Tobias last month that I have to go pick up in Arizona next month. I also have two wheeled RV in the garage in Texas. I like it but I don't love it... well, I do when it comes to living on that beast for months at a time rolling around the country and for taking the wife around but it does me no good there. I've been thinking for a while now about a Dyna or FXR for here for a relaible daily rider that goes like stink, stops on a dime and is comfortable as hell. The chop is reliable, not too bad in the comfort but I've done enough 500 mile days on that thing to know I don't like doing it too much and not legal for riding on post: no horn, front fender or turn signals.

Now, I have dug the NorCal style dyna with fairing and blacked out where I'd want a paint job putting my club logo and rockers in the tanks but that damn Sons of Anarchy, which I admit I like to watch, will and probably already has influenced the masses to where I'll get stupid questions and comments like, "WOW, that looks like Jax's bike!" where I'll fight the urge to punch somebody's jawbone in two. I can't fault the general public to be ignorant where the style came from and how it originated but I really hate people opening their mouths.

Anyway for your viewing pleasure here's some inspiration i've been mulling over and over in my head for the past few weeks.

 

 

 

 



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

T1 said...

yup i know how you feel....

Beaner said...

Word! How's things in Brownwood Chris?

T1 said...

pretty good, boring! but all good, you'll have to holla at me sometime if your down this way we can go to the shop/bar and drink ourselves silly staring at my unfinished shovel are go get lost somewhere haha!